Last month I laid it all out—the how and why of Vine and Instagram Video for nonprofits. Today, I want to share with you five great ideas for using these tools in your nonprofit communications efforts:
- Create hype: Preview an upcoming event or announcement with a thought-provoking teaser video.
- Spice up your donor engagement campaign: Thank supporters who have contributed to your organization with a quirky video message or crowdsource content by inviting fans to create their own videos explaining why they support your cause.
- Tell a story: Anyone who has worked in communications for more than five seconds knows that storytelling is a powerful tool. Storytelling with real people recording their personal testimonial of how your organization has helped them? Priceless.
- Showcase your workplace: Let the outside inside by sharing a virtual office tour or, show off your team members with short video profiles of each.
- Demonstrate impact: Have a great way to show supporters how their money directly affects the people you support? Get it on video like Charity:Water.
And, ICYMI in my last post, here are four nonprofits using Vine or Instagram Video to get their messages out:
What other nonprofits are making smart use of Vine or Instagram Video? Tell me in the comments section.
Check out the first two parts of this series on the Prichard Communications blog:
- This Means War! How to Choose Between Vine and Instagram Video
- 6 Smart Reasons Your Nonprofit Should Use Video Apps
Note: This is the third and final part in a series of posts on how and why nonprofits should use Vine and/or Instagram Video. Follow Avery’s series throughout August and September 2013.